Please help here with the characteristics of hand guns.
Handguns and Their Characteristics
Approximately 70%–75% of homicides are committed with firearms.
4-5 pages answering the questions in Part 1 and part 2 + References
- Explain how a handgun is manufactured, most specifically the bore of the barrel.
- Why is rifling present in the bore of the barrel? What is the purpose of rifling?
- Compare and contrast a revolver versus a semiautomatic handgun. How is the caliber of a handgun determined?
- Explain the difference between a bullet, shell casing, and a projectile.
- When examining a handgun, projectile, or shell casing, provide examples of class and individual characteristics.
- What is the difference between a perforating gunshot wound and a penetrating gunshot wound?
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of an entrance wound versus an exit wound.
- What are the characteristics that might exist or not exist for determining the muzzle-to-target distance?
- There are four ranges. At each range, what is the muzzle-to-target distance?
- contact to near contact
- close range
- medium range
- distant range
- Explain the characteristics that might exist or not exist at each range. For example, a bullet hole will be a characteristic at each range.
- What types of evidence would an investigator document from a handgun of a death scene?
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request