- The trusted computing base (TCB) internal network within the Global Finance, Inc. Network Diagram hosts the company’s mission critical systems that are vital to the company’s operations that also affect the overall financial situation. The Oracle database and email systems are among the most intensively used application servers in the company. GFI cannot afford system or network outages, as its cash flow and financial systems heavily depend on the network stability and availability. GFI has experienced DoS network attacks twice this year, and its Oracle database and email servers had been down for a total of one (1) week as a result. The recovery process required GFI to utilize $25,000 to restore its operations to the normal operating baseline. GFI estimated the loss from these network attacks at more than $1,000,000, as well as lost customer confidence.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page formal risk assessment proposal in which you:
- Describe the company network, interconnection, and communication environment.
- Assess risk based on the GFI, Inc. network diagram scenario. Note: Your risk assessment should cover all the necessary details for your client, GFI Inc., to understand the risk factors of the organization and risk posture of the current environment. The company management will utilize this risk assessment to determine what actions to take; therefore, it must be comprehensive for the business leaders to make data-driven decisions.
- Defend your assumptions where pertinent information from the scenario isn’t available.
- Ascertain apparent security vulnerabilities, and analyze at least three (3) such vulnerabilities. Such analysis should entertain the possibility of faulty network design. Recommend mitigation processes and procedures for each of the identified vulnerabilities.
- Justify your cryptography recommendations, based on security concerns and requirements, data-driven decision-making, and objective opinions.
- Examine whether your risk assessment methodology is quantitative, qualitative, or a combination of these, and discuss the main reasons why you believe that the methodology that you utilized was the most appropriate.
- Explain the way in which you would present your findings and assessment to the company’s management and thus facilitate security buy-in and concentration.
- Using Microsoft Visio or its open source equivalent, redraw the CFI diagram, depicted as a secure and risk-mitigating model.
4 Solution for Global Finance, Inc.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request