Examine these issues of management control through a review of the case of Lincoln Electric on page 567 of your text. Write a paper analyzing the case addressing the following questions:
- Does Lincoln follow a hierarchical or decentralized approach to management? Explain your answer and give examples.
- Based on what you've just read, what do you think makes the Lincoln System so successful in the United States?
- What is the problem with transporting Lincoln's control systems to other national cultures?
- What suggestions would you make to Lincoln's managers to make future international manufacturing plants more successful?
- Should Lincoln borrow money and pay bonuses to avoid breaking trust with its U.S. workers? Why or why not?
Support your paper with minimum of three (3) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request