Individual Assignment: Food Intake — 1 Day
- Resources: Ch. 2 of Visualizing Nutrition, WileyPLUS®, iProfile
- Enter your food intake for 1 full day by following the WileyPLUS®iProfile instructions.
- Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper that addresses the following points about your 1-day food intake:
- Review your iProfile Journal, the dietary reference intake (DRI), and the iProfile Intake Spreadsheet. Does your dietary intake for the day you recorded provide a healthful diet? Why or why not?
- Did you consume the recommended DRI from each of the food groups, vitamins, and minerals?
- Which groups of foods are underrepresented or overrepresented in your diet? If you did not consume the recommended number of servings from each group, explain why. Propose how you might consume the recommended number of servings from each group in the future.
- Did your diet provide an adequate variety of foods, or were your choices limited? Refer to the Food Pyramid in iProfile to see how you fulfilled your goals for the various food pyramid groups. If you did not eat a variety of foods, how might you expand your field of choices?
- Compare your diet to that of the sample profile for Kelly Watson. Whose diet provides the best opportunity for health and well-being? Which profile provides the best philosophy of health? Provide a rationale for your answers.
- Citetwo references other than the course texts.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request