By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 4: Examine the formation of world politics.
- Describes an economic development institution that is a type of supernational organization.
- Examines and describes the role, mission, structure, and activities of the economic development institution.
- Evaluates the cooperation and competition of the economic development institution, in relation to the stability of the membering countries, and the pros and cons of the institution's inception.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Economic internationalists and structuralists believe that the global economic future will be better if countries cooperate economically, or even integrate their economies. Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, cooperation, and collaboration are all tools used by businesses to remain competitive in today's global landscape. Global politics has its own tools to promote economic development among nations.
Choose one of the economic development institutions listed in the Resources section of this assignment. Each of the economic development institutions provided in this list is also a supernational organization. These Web sites are also provided in your Course Materials. You may need to research more than just the Web site to complete this assignment. Write a brief summary of your findings that demonstrate this organization's relevance in global politics. Include the following:
- Identify and briefly describe the economic development institution you selected.
- Describe the institution's:
- Founding member.
- Membership today.
- Scope of activities.
- Overall success—or lack thereof.
- As it relates to the cooperation and competition among countries, has the institution lent stability or instability to its member countries?
- Since the inception of this organization, has it lead to greater cooperation and competition among member countries?
- Prepare a brief summary of your findings demonstrating their relevance to the goals of the organization.
While content is the most important aspect of your paper; organization, readability, grammar, and spelling are also important. The length of your paper should be determined by its content, and it should follow APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and provide references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines. The paper you submit should be in a Word document or RTF format.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request