Part 1: Provide your written analysis of each situation in paragraph form, addressing the following questions in each case:
- What diversity, cultural competency, health literacy, and limited English proficiency (LED) communications did you identify?
- What were your first impressions of the effectiveness of the communication?
- Identify and discuss two important issues or barriers that may affect patient safety (quality of care), positive or negative.
- Considering cultural communications obstacles, how effective was inter-cultural communications?
Part 2: Prepare to take a seat in the top management meeting at Lake City Hospital. In a page or less, write a summary report on the key issues you believe must be addressed to improve communication at the hospital. Include the following in your report:
- A brief assessment of the risks the hospital currently runs as a result of cross-cultural communications issues.
- A summary of the kinds of problems and barriers to be overcome, explaining the dynamics of each type, and referencing specific examples from incidents the top management group has heard about. This may include scenarios from Unit 5, Unit 6, or both.
- A brief explanation of the actions you believe should be taken at Lake City Hospital to address the issue.
Your assignment submission consists of the following:
- Part 1: Analysis of two scenarios.
- Part 2: Summary report on key issues in improving cross-cultural communication at Lake City Hospital.
1 Solution for Cultural Competency and Communication Interactive Analysis- profdavid
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request