Write a Java™ GUI application using a NetBeans® IDE that does home utility auditing.
The user should be able to do the following:
- Enter the cost per kilowatt-hour.
- Select from a list of 5 to 7 home appliances, which include a washer, among other appliances.
- Enter the power needed in kilowatts (kW) for the selected appliance.
- Enter the number of hours used per day for the selected appliance.
- If the washer is selected, enter both the number of gallons of water used by the washer per hour and the cost per gallon.
The program should do the following:
- Validate that the data entered has the correct format, and is within a reasonable range.
- Calculate and display the cost for operating a home appliance as soon as the data is entered.
- Create a listing area to display each of the following for each appliance entered:
- Home appliance
- Number of hours per day
- Display and update the total cost of all appliances, as soon as a new entry is added to the listing area.
The Java™ application should meet these technical requirements:
- The application should have at least one class, in addition to the application's controlling class (where the main function resides).
There should be proper documentation in the source code.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request