This assignment will cover:
- Gender differences in our society
- The complexity of personality and perception across cultures
This assignment is the forth in a series of Dropbox assignments that will culminate in a final submission in Week 6. For this assignment, you will read one article and conduct one field application experience. On the basis of the research findings or topics presented in that article and your observations and findings from the field application, create a report of 400–450 words. By Tuesday, September 23, 2014, submit your report in APA format to the Week 4 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Week 4 Articles
Of all the articles provided for this assignment, choose one. Click here to download the articles for Week 4.
Week 4 Field Application: Gender Roles
Arrange a time to talk to a friend of the opposite gender. Listen to his/her opinions in relation to how his/her gender has impacted his/her experiences in the following spheres:
- Expectations in life
- Appreciation of artistic expression.
- What form of artistic expressions does he/she describe as meaningful?
- What is the significance of these artistic expressions for your friend? Why?
- Does art impact your friend's lifestyle, taste in aesthetic items, or what the person values?
- Does the individual feel constrained or free to express himself/herself? Why?
Be creative with the questions that you ask. Based on your friend's response, include all the above listed aspects in your report.
Note: For this assignment keep in mind the following:
Get Informed Consent
- When approaching your friend about setting up a time to talk, state specifically that this is for a school project and that you have a series of topics that you would like to ask about.
- Tell your friend that they can feel free to refrain from any questions that they do not feel comfortable answering and that no identifying information besides gender and age will be mentioned in your write-up.
- If your friend expresses the wish to refrain from talking about a topic, move on to the next.
- In your write-up, discuss both the topics that your friend chose to talk about and state the topics that were refused and your impressions about why.
Note: Conduct your research from the perspective of a field researcher.
In your report, include the following information:
- Summary: A summary of the article
- Relevance: A section relating the article to the text or lecture material
- Reflection: A reflection on the relation between the article and your personal experience
- Field Application: A summary of your observations and findings from the field application
- Visual Examples: Pictures and visual references to support the culture being expressed
Each section of the report must be clearly marked with a heading that names the section. Below are additional details about what to include in each section.
In this section, include:
- A brief narrative on the main idea of the article read, including a succinct statement of any relevant theories or hypotheses covered.
- A description of the methods and samples used in the study such as: Who did the researchers study? In what ways did they study them? What tests did the researchers use in their study?
- A synopsis of the relevant hypotheses, theories, and cultural issues included in the reading.
- A summary of the reported findings/conclusions and their implications. In your own words, offer an evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the study that you believe the author claims.
Relevance to class
- Describe the ways in which the article adds new information, substantiates (or conflicts) with information given in the text and lectures, and/or presents a new, but related topic.
- Describe specifically how and why the article relates to the class. Simply saying this is about culture (or stereotypes or whatever) is not sufficient.
- Explain whether the article presents new but related topics. What are these topics?
Write a detailed narrative of your observations and thoughts during this week’s field experience that addresses, at the minimum, the questions posed. Provide descriptions of the general atmosphere and people with regard to an expression of culture.
Provide visual references (pictures) for your observations that accurately reflect the culture being expressed. The pictures should be integrated into your report where applicable.
*You can be my friend in this example*
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request