The Ensign Amendment was passed in 1997, as Pub. L. No. 104-208 sec. 614. The Act prohibits the use of federal funds to pay for the distribution of material that is sexually explicit or features nudity. Explain the impact of the Ensign Amendment on publications such as sports publications, educational publications, or entertainment publications.
- Using the course materials, textbook, and Web resources, research the Ensign Amendment and prisoners' rights with regard to the distribution of publications.
- In a Word document of 2–3 pages, address the following:
- Select 3 specific publications, and explain whether they would be acceptable under the Ensign Amendment.
- For each selected publication, answer the following:
- Do you believe that the publication can be distributed to prisoners using federal funds?
- Reference the Ensign Amendment to support your arguments.
- Do you agree with the provisions of the Ensign Amendment? Explain.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request