DQ QUESTIONS- 125 word response each question, scholarly reference one per question
- What is the value of a criminal justice system? How does a changing society change the effectiveness of criminal justice efforts (positive/negative)? Is there a better solution to the effectiveness, community involvement, and way the current criminal justice system(s) operate?
- Give an example of a contemporary issue currently facing the criminal justice system. How does this issue impact the criminal justice system? What would happen if this issue was magnified (or decreased)? What would the implications be for the various personnel in the criminal justice system?
- This is a timely and accurate response given yesterday's events in Chatanooga (here is an article if you missed the news: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/tennessee-naval-reserve-shooting/ ). What does everyone think about the response of law enforcement? It seems like they did the best possible job and responded very effectively and quickly. What does everyone think?
- As you note, the relationship between law enforcement and the community it serves is crucial! Trust is a vital part of the relationship and when that trust is lost, it can make law enforcement's job much more difficult. What are some ideas that might help repair that relationship in communities where it has been damaged or lost?
- The issues and problems seem endless, but working together we can help solve some of the problems. Another angle to consider is the economy. The economy can impact the criminal justice system in a couple of ways. First, it can lead to increased rates of some crimes (we saw this during the recent recession). And also, it often leads to reduced budgets for correctional departments and law enforcement, which can be very difficult. This has led many states to implement early release programs, etc. which have at times backfired in the past. What do you think?
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request