Imagine that you, as the department manager of your chosen functional area, received a memo from Mary Atha, the CEO, for you to share with your employees. Unfortunately, the memo is primarily written in passive voice and uses corporate-speak, and the language is quite complex. Because you cannot simply revise the CEO's memo, you determine that a cover letter should accompany the memo, which in effect translates the memo for your employees.
Follow these steps to complete this assignment:
- Download the document Memo: Doubling Sales from the Resources. Read the memo and determine how you will summarize it in your cover letter.
- After evaluating the role of a manger, prepare a cover letter that will presumably be attached to the CEO memo. The cover letter should reflect these qualities:
- Summarize the main points of the memo, highlighting and reiterating key points of the CEO memo.
- Reflect a writing level that is appropriate to your readers. Keep in mind these two factors: your readers are the employees of your functional area that you manage, and the appropriate reading difficulty level is between sixth- and eighth-grade reading levels.
- Use active voice.
- Be clear and concise. Keep the total length within one page.
- Contain a well-crafted message, reflecting a style that promotes trust and builds collaboration.
- Prepare your cover letter as a new memo. Your cover letter should have your name in the From: field and also an appropriate Re: subject title.
- List the resources that you used in helping to prepare this assignment. Include these resources on a separate page and format them according to APA style and formatting guidelines.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request