The goal of this assignment is to create a press packet that is delivered to different channels with the hopes of further publicizing the product.
Choose a technical product or service, either real or made up, and assume the role of the owner who is responsible for launching the product.
Create two items for the press packet:
- Write a cover letter of no more than 700 words to accompany the main communication piece. The cover letter must address the following:
- A description of your product and how it works
- Why is it beneficial
- To whom are you sending the press packet
- Why are you sending it
- Who the audience is for the main communication piece
- The optimal delivery channel for the main communication piece
- Include the following in the main communication piece.
- This piece is directed at the end user of your product. Think of it as the sales pitch or the infomercial. The piece may be one of three forms:
- 10-slide PowerPoint®
- 1- to 2-minute audio
- 1- to 2-minute video
- The piece must be a clear and concise communication about your product including such information as the following:
- What your product is and how it works
- What problems it solves for the user
- How to buy or obtain it
Submit the cover letter document and the communication piece. If you choose to create an audio or video clip for the communication piece, compress it to an appropriate file size so that it is clear to hear or view and easy to download. Consider using common video or audio file formats for your instructor to open it.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request