Executive Summary: Conduct a Primary Market Research study. Choose a topic that is relevant to today's student population. You will create a survey form and interview 50 SSC students about your topic. Collect and summarize your
findings and prepare a written report.
See Format below.
* Choose a topic relevant to college level students or to the general public.
* Write a Statement of Purpose. It always begins with the
word , "Determine...."
* Create a survey form. Maximum of two pages.
* Your survey must contain a minimum of 10-12 questions
* Attach a blank copy of your survey form to your final report.
* Using the form, interview 50 SSC students, friends, family and/or fellow workers etc.
* Collect and summarize the data
* Prepare a formal report with your findings (See format below)
Interview 50 SSC students about their academic aspirations.
"Determine interest on the part of SSC students to complete a four year degree:"
1. Obtain basic demographics: Gender, age, student...
2. Are you interested in completing a four-year degree? Yes___ No___
3. Would they consider remaining at SSC to complete their degree?
If yes, why?____________________ go to Question #3
If no, why not? _________________ go to Question #4 etc.
Sample Questions to ask:
* Would they continue on to a four year degree?
* Would they choose to stay at SSC and complete their degree?
* Why they would choose to go to another institution?
* Write a formal report on your findings. (A Narrative: not a POWERPOINT!)
* Use BOLD TYPE for Paragraph Headers.
* Use normal typeface for text
Provide an Executive Overview:
* State that management requested you to survey 50 people for the purpose of .....
* State your Purpose for conducting survey. What you wish to accomplish?
* Re-state your PURPOSE at the top of the survey form.
NOTE: You want interviewees to understand what they are responding to.
* Provide a paragraph stating the method /manner
you used to collect data.
* Summarize the results of each survey question in both written and graphical manner: bar charts or pie charts
* Add percentages and actual numbers each response
* Incorporate a bar graph or pie chart with each response
Based on survey results what conclusions do you
derive from the data?
Recommendations: What recommendations will you make to
management based on results?
Attach a copy of your survey form to your report.
Reminder: State purpose of survey at the top of the form.
Report shall consist of :
* Cover page;
* 6-8 content pages
* Attach survey form (with purpose stated at top of form)