Short essay answer: Answer all the questions. Use complete sentences and give specific examples and details with your response.
- What are the properties of water that allow life to exist on earth?
- What is the evidence for evolution? Evolution is considered at the molecular, individual, population and higher levels. What evidence have you seen or heard about during the class, fieldtrips or your reading? What does evolution teach and why is it important?
- What is biotechnology? What are some of the discoveries that have allowed innovation in biotechnology? Discuss the positive and negative implications of biological engineered organisms (for food or medicines)
- What did you learn about biological processes and the scientific method during the process of researching and writing your term paper. (give details and specifics of your topic)
- Describe the molecular structure of plasma membranes and how they function. Include an explanation of the physical processes and the function of glycoproteins.
- Why is the study of biology important? What is the most interesting aspect that you have learned of biology?
- Set up an experiment to determine the toxicity of an antibiotic using the scientific method.
- Explain osmoregulation in marine and freshwater fish?
- What is the difference between eukaryote and prokaryote cells? Include a discussion of organelles and the endosymbiont theory.
- What is the importance of homeostasis in living organisms?
- What are the properties of living organisms?
- What are the characteristics of the different kingdoms?
- Explain the phases of mitosis and at least two things occurring during each phase.
- Why is it important to finish a prescription of antibiotics? (explain in detail)
- Why is it important to maintain biodiversity?
- Describe the families of organic molecules?
- Why are enzymes important?
- Describe the structure and function of the cell membrane. Lipid bilayer, osmosis, sugars as cell receptor (glycoproteins)
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request