In small groups, develop a PowerPoint presentation that compares the sex offender requirements of two states. Teams should summarize the registration requirements – what they are required to report, how many years after release from incarceration they are required to register, the differences in registration requirements for different offenses. Discuss the purpose of the registration requirement for sex offenders. Discuss the responsibilities (public notification) of the police department when a certain level sex offender moves into their jurisdiction. Discuss whether or not these types of registration requirements are discriminatory against one type of offender (based upon research). How are these different from state to state?
- 15- to 20-slide PowerPoint presentation; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. If you are the lone student in this course, 10-12 slides is the minimum
- PowerPoint Presentation in a uniform format. *Use the following web site reference for information as to how to build an effective PowerPoint presentation. http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/. A key area to remember is that there should be no more than five short bullet points (paragraphs) per slide.
- Because good presentations have so few words on each slide, create a "speaker's notes" file that contains descriptions for each content slide. Approximately 50 words per content slide should be sufficient to detail the slide content. These notes permit you to give this presentation one year from now and not lose any main points.
- Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- Save your presentation in PPT.
- Save your speaker's notes as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request