For this assessment, return to the REI case study. Choose a product category offered by REI and research the REI product line for this product. Select an REI competitor and research its product line for the same category. Focus on how each company approaches its marketing matrix according to the 4 P's (product, price, place, and promotion).
Based on your research, write an analysis that addresses the following:
- Compare the integrated marketing strategies of REI with those of the competitor company for the product category you chose. Compare the product (features and benefits), the place (distribution) of products, the pricing, and the promotion strategies.
- Assess how each company's integrated marketing strategy might affect its economic success.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
- Ruskin-Brown, I. (2006). (2nd ed.). London, GBR: Thorogood Publishing.
- McDonald, M., & Wilson, H. (2011). (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Kermally, S. (2004). . London, GBR: Thorogood Publishing.
- Fickes, M. (2001). . Sporting Goods Business, 34(2), 62–63.
- Melkman, A. (2006). . In Strategic customer planning (pp. 131–144). London, GBR: Thorogood Publishing.
- Jones, K. (2001, February). . Kiplinger's Personal Finance, 55(2), 130–134.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- KnowThis LLC. (2013). .Retrieved from http://www.knowthis.com/index.php
- KnowThis LLC. (2013). How to write a marketing plan. Retrieved from http://www.knowthis.com/principles-of-marketing-tutorials/how-to-write-a-marketing-plan
- For the focus of this assessment, you may want to examine the following sections of the tutorial from the site's Principles of Marketing Tutorials list. Part 3 (Marketing Strategy and Objectives), Part 4 (Tactical Marketing Programs), Part 5 (Budgeting, Performance, and Implementation), and Part 6 (Additional Considerations).
- Marketing Power, Inc. (2013). . Retrieved from http://www.marketingpower.com/Pages/default.aspx
- Hoover's, Inc. (2013). . Retrieved from http://www.hoovers.com
- The Ad Age Group. (2014). . Retrieved from http://adage.com
- Direct Marketing Association. (2013). . Retrieved from http://thedma.org
- Concept Marketing Group Inc. (2013). . Retrieved from http://www.marketingsource.com
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request