This will prepare you for assessment 3 and 4. Write an assessment in which you outline the intended purpose and focus of your interviews, along with the interview questions.
Over the course of your career, you will develop your own theories of leadership that will inform your attitudes and actions. Interviewing leaders after having done some research about leadership allows you to see effective leadership in action through the lens of scholarly research.
Submit the following components for this assessment:
- State your intended purpose for the interviews. Provide an explanation of the aspect of leadership on which you plan to focus and why you chose it.
- Describe the level of leadership selected for your interviews.
- Outline your schedule for both interview sessions; include the names and titles of the leaders with date and time of interview. If you have not been able to solidify your schedule, please include a report of your progress.
- List the interview questions you plan to use for your chosen aspect of leadership. If you wish, you may use some of the questions from the reflection exercises in the related chapter of the Cashman text. You can use any leadership theories you like to help you develop your interview questions, including servant leadership, Kevin Cashman, Margaret Wheatley, articles from the Center for Creative Leadership, leadership stage theory, and other sources.
- . (2012). Retrieved from http://www.sedl.org/
- You may use this Web site of the organization formerly known as the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory to examine the comprehensive leadership history and how the theory of leadership has changed over time.
- . (2011). Retrieved from http://www.greenleaf.org/
- Robert Greenleaf was the founder of the servant leadership movement, an alternate leadership approach.
- . (2012). Retrieved from http://www.ccl.org/Leadership/
- . (2012). Retrieved from http://www.berkana.org/
- . (2012). Retrieved from http://www.margaretwheatley.com/
- Cashman, K. (2017). (3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
- Chapters 4, 6, 7, and 8 of this e-book are particularly applicable.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request