1. You are asked to provide information on three (3) areas in the 2-D/3-D Art Visitation Report Form:Part 1 - Introductory InformationPart 2 - Written Evaluation of the Selected ArtworkPart 3 - Overall Personal Reaction and Comparison2. Read over this form in its entirety so to become thoroughly familiar with its format before beginning the written responses.
3. Use any information found in the course textbook to aid you in writing the written responses, if appropriate.
4. When submitting the assignment via mail (preferably attached as a a word processed document) please type the question first and then the answer.
5. If you need some suggestions, or you are having problems as to what and where to go, always ask or express your concerns with the course instructor now.
6. All parts of the 2D/3-D Art Visitation Report Form must be answered according to the specific directions; if this is not the case, the Report Form will not be graded. The student is expected to invest considerable time in this task whether performed at an actual or virtual gallery space.
The questions you must answer*:
*Please remember to type both the questions and the answers.
Part 1 - Introductory Information:
Remember, if ALL the questions are not answered according to the directions, the report form will not be graded!1.Your Name:
2.Date of 2-D/3-D Art Visitation Report Form:
3.Name and Address of 2-D/3-D Art Visitation Report Form Site:
(If an Internet visit please provide the exact web address)
4.Please describe your general reaction to both gallery or museum. Include your reaction to the exterior and interior setting.
If a Website is used as a resource for this assignment, then describe the site in terms of its visual effects and components
Part 2 - Written Evaluation of the 2-D/3-D Art Object:
Remember, if ALL the questions are not answered according to the directions, the report form will be not be graded!1.Please indicate how this form is being used:A. _____ as a 2-D Art Visitation Report Form2.Please indicate the following:
B. _____ as a 3-D Art Visitation Report FormA. Title of the Art Object:3.Please respond to each of the next set of questions with two or three carefully considered paragraphs for EACH. If a question is not understood, please ask your instructor for clarification.
B. Name of the Artist:
C. The year/s the work was completed:
D. Identify and describe the medium/s and the process/technique used by the artist to make the art object
NOTE: It may be necessary to do some personal research beyond what is found in the text book or materials. Consider using the resources available on Internet.A. Briefly describe the Art Object's site (not its composition) and your general reaction to it in two or three carefully considered paragraphs. In other words how is the object displayed.
If an Internet visit consider the placement of the picture of the object in the context of other objects.
B. Write a very clear and precise Objective Description of the Art Object itself in two or three carefully considered paragraphs. That is to say, just list and describe what you actually see factually in terms of either an representational object or as an art element (e.g. line, shape, value, color, and texture).
C. Explain why you selected this particular art object as your choice; describe what characteristic(s) it possessed that drew you to it as your selection in terms of its subject matter and its use of the art elements and principles in two or three carefully considered paragraphs. (HINT: Make sure you address principles and elements in depth when answering this question.)
D. Describe or explain what was or is the art object's purpose or function (what is its significance of its existence; its reason for being); why was it created by the artist and how did the culture or society that produced it used it in two or three carefully considered paragraphs.
1.Now comes the Subjective part. Describe and explain in your own words the content or meaning of the art object to you, that is to say, write about your own response to the art object in terms of your personal thoughts and feelings (your interpretation of its meaning) by responding to EACH of the below questions with one or more carefully considered paragraphs.A. In your opinion, what is the art object's meaning or message, its content?
B. What aspect of the art object did you enjoy the most and why?
C. What aspect of the art object did you enjoy the least and why?
D. Was the art object thought-provoking? Why or why not?2.Last, now contrast the art object to another found in the same site. Tell how it is similar and different from your first art object in terms of their respective subject matter (your objective description) and content (your subjective interpretation or critical judgment) in two or three carefully considered paragraphs.Link below is a listing of major museum cyber sites.
|$50.00||no category||fornicola||1 time(s)|