A potential tax preparation client comes to you who suggests that maybe you could help him lower his taxes. The ways in which he wants to do this seem suspicious. You decide to do some tax fraud research to find some other similar cases on which to base your decision to take this client or not.
- Research, locate, and cite an article about a personal income tax fraud case.
- Analyze the case by providing answers to the following questions about the case:
- definition of tax fraud
- briefly summarize the article by explaining who was involved, how it was done, the tax issues raised, the amount of tax defrauded, the IRS position, and outcome (the punishment).
- include your opinion about the appropriateness of the punishment.
- Would tax amnesty have helped the taxpayer in this case? Why or why not?
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request